Here are dates of some forthcoming events that parents and carers of pupils at Beaucroft School may be interested in:
Are you interested in supporting your child with their early maths? This short course over 2 sessions is designed to support parents with hands on practical ideas in using maths in and around your everyday life.
There are 2 sessions:
- Session 1: Wednesday 20th March 10am – 12pm
- Session 2: Wednesday 3rd April 10am – 12pm
For pupils with autism and with other receptive language difficulties, social stories provide a rich visual resource to support them in everyday life at home and school. Why and when we say please and thank you, overcoming a problem, asking for help or dealing with a new social situation are all examples of where writing and/or drawing a social story can help the pupil adjust and develop their understanding and independence. They can be used in many situations.
The session covers:
The new format to Social Stories as per social stories original creator, Carol Gray, discussing and describing the process of writing effective stories, implementing Social Stories, visual resources and examples of their use, There will also be an opportunity to write your own Social Story with assistance if required.
- Session 1: Tuesday 12th March 10am- 11.30am
- Session 2: Tuesday 26th March 10am-11.30am
Youth Mental Health First Aid
Nick Ellis is a serving Police Officer with first-hand experience of a child with SEN. Throughout his adult life he has been involved in youth work varying from church youth clubs to scouting and has worked with The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, Met Police and The Prince’s Trust, with an in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Tools to look after their own mental wellbeing
- Wednesday 27th March 10am – 12pm
Please contact Many Guy for more information or to book a place at one of the workshops:
- Tel: 01202 886083
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org