The PE and Sport Premium provides ring fenced money to primary school headteachers to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils. The funding is currently worth £150 million per year and is provided jointly by the Department for Education, the Department of Health and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
Prime Minister David Cameron announced in February 2014 that the Government have committed to funding for the Primary PE and Sport Premium to 2020.
PE and Sport Premium at Beaucroft
Anticipated funding for this year is £16,000, although this may fluctuate. Projected costings may vary due to availability of resources and changing needs within the school. This action plan review sets out how we intend to utilise the funding this year.
While ensuring students at Beaucroft continue to receive a broad and balanced curriculum and full enrichment offer, we plan to use the Primary Sports funding to:
- Improve teaching in lessons through training of staff.
- Training for non-specialist teachers
- Develop competition in school and between other schools.
- Progression in self-competition to achieve.
- Improve the PE equipment for lessons to be more stimulating and varied.
- Increase variety of sports opportunities.
- Extra-curricular activities
Please download our PE and Sport Premium Plan for additional information.