Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) is an integral part of Beaucroft’s curriculum, which is delivered by staff teams with support where appropriate from Cosmic-Futures who provide impartial, independent careers and employability information, advice, guidance, support and training to both students and parents.
Careers Education helps prepare students for the opportunities and responsibilities of adulthood, and as such, has a vital contribution to the school’s aims of working closely with employers, Higher Education institutions and our local community and supporting students in the life-time experience of learning in line with the Preparing for Adulthood pathways of Employment, Independent Living, Community Inclusion and Health.
Vision: Every student to engage, enjoy and achieve. Developing self-esteem and resilience in preparation for adulthood.
Engage, Enjoy, Achieve!
Beaucroft Specialist School provides students in Key Stage 4 and Post 16 access to a work-related learning element in their curriculum usually in years 10 and 11 or Post 16. Internal or external work experience forms a significant part of this curriculum for some pupils and helps student’s understanding of the world of work and to enable them to identify and develop the skills and capabilities they will need for their future.
We want our students to THRIVE whilst at Beaucroft and beyond.
The aims and values for our students are to be:
Thoughtful and Caring, Happy and Safe, Resilient, Independent, Valued and Empowered.
Preparing for Adulthood (PfA)
- PfA Outcomes https://www.preparingforadulthood.org.uk/SiteAssets/Downloads/yeded5wb636481748062535810.pdf
- Meeting PfA Outcomes at Beaucroft:
Cosmicfutures supports young people who have an Education Health and Care Plan at Beaucroft Foundation School.
As young people approach the end of school, Cosmicfutures can support them to move on to training, further education, work or adult support services
Other Useful Links
- Transition Your child’s journey to adult services – pdf booklet to download
Employers can support us in the following ways:
- Offer fixed period or extended work experience placements.
- Help us provide employer encounters via careers fairs, assemblies, and mock interviews.
- Notify us about any local volunteering opportunities you have available
If you would like to find out more information about the program or how you could support, please contact Nick Wadland firstname.lastname@example.org
Beaucroft Post 16
Beaucroft Post-16 Centre ‘The Burrow’ is situated in a separate building within the school grounds. It is equipped to deliver a life-skills and employment based curriculum and caters for students which have severe/complex learning difficulties, vulnerability and/or ASD.
Useful Post 16 Links
- Brockenhurst College https://www.brock.ac.uk/
- Bournemouth and Poole College https://www.thecollege.co.uk/
- Kingston Maurward College https://www.kmc.ac.uk/
- The Sheiling https://www.thesheilingringwood.co.uk/
- Employ my Ability https://employmyability.org.uk/
- Foxes https://foxesacademy.ac.uk/
- My place Dorset https://www.myplacedorset.co.uk/
- SWRAC Supported Internships http://swrac.co.uk/student-training-mentoring-teaching/supported-internships-ehcp-plan/
Future Options Information
Information within this document:
- Dorset County Council contacts
- Specialist Educational Placements
- Local Further Education Colleges
- SWRAC (South West Regional Assessment Centre
- Options requiring funding via Adult Social Care
- Useful Websites/Charities aimed at supporting young people with SEND
Kingston Maurward Open Day Events
Adult Social Care
- My Life My Care https://www.mylifemycare.com/directory-of-day-opportunities-and-activities?f=Dorset&f=Learning+disability&sort=Title&size=1000
- The Lantern Community, https://www.lanterncommunity.org.uk/contact
- Spiral Blue, http://www.windward-dayservices.co.uk/spiral-blue/
- Helix https://www.windward-dayservices.co.uk/services/helix-verwood/
- Highmead Farm http://highmeadfarm.org.uk/
- Holtwood Community Farm http://holtwood-community-farm.co.uk/
- Herons View Care Farm https://heronsviewcarefarm.com/
- The Stable Family Home Trust https://www.sfht.org.uk/
Adult Social Care Dorset
Labour market Information (LMI)
- Dorset Labour market and skills research https://www.dorsetlep.co.uk/labour-market-and-skills-research
- Dorset LMI Summary https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/483124/LMI_Summary_-_Dorset__Final_.pdf
- Educational Development Trust LMI https://0e58658be539ee7325a0-220f04f871df648cf4a4d93a111e3366.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/stem/uploads/document/lmi-for-weymouth-and-portland-0.pdf?ts=1588324315
- Dorset LEP Facts and Figures https://0e58658be539ee7325a0-220f04f871df648cf4a4d93a111e3366.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/stem/uploads/document/dorset-lep-infographic.pdf?ts=1588324315
- Dorset LMI Bitesize https://0e58658be539ee7325a0-220f04f871df648cf4a4d93a111e3366.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/stem/uploads/document/dorset-bite-size.pdf?ts=1588324315
- Destination Information Graph 2021-2022
- Destination Information Graph 2020-2021
- Destination Information Graph 2019-2020
Beaucroft School Careers Contact
Careers Lead: Nick Wadland
Careers Governor: Bridget Homer
- 01202 886083