Please find some useful documents on the links below:
What a year it’s been!
It’s been a very busy and successful time for the seniors and here are a few highlights:
- Well done to all our Year 11 leavers. All these students moved on from Seniors having attained a life skills qualification.
- 4 students passed Personal and Social Development Entry level 2 with 6 units each.
- 7 students attained the Personal Progress Diploma and 4 more attained accreditiation for 6 units. This is a massive achievement – so much hard work done! We are very proud.
- 128 Personal Progress Units were submitted, covering a range of life skills.
- All candidates entered for Functional Skills Maths this year have passed! We have 11 students passing Entry Level one, 7 students passing Entry Level two and one person has passed Entry Level three. An excellent achievement.
- Many seniors also excelled in English Functional Skills with 5 students achieving full Entry Level one certification and a further 4 passing the speaking and listening and reading elements.
- 7 students achieved full Entry Level two accreditation and 3 received their Entry Level three certificate – an epic reflection of their hard work.
AFC Bournemouth Link: AFC Bournemouth coaches led weekly PE for the seniors for half a term, focussing on ball skills and teamwork. This partnership culminated in a stadium tour of AFC Bournemouth and a free coaching day for one lucky member of staff, Adam Logan.
Grease! All seniors were invited to QE to see their dress performance of Grease – we all thoroughly enjoyed the performance and provided enthusiastic support.
Italian ice cream parlour: Naturally this was a curriculum activity to complement our Italy topic study. Students and staff enjoyed tasting a variety of flavours.
Pizza Express: As above this visit tied in with our Italy topic. Students went behind the scenes to prepare and eat their very own pizzas.
STEM experience day:
This year senior school pupils have participated in a number of STEM days. In the Autumn term Beaucroft pupils visited Yewstock and had the opportunity to designed and manufacture their own bath bombs. In the summer term, in collaboration with Bournemouth university students the TADSS schools met once again at Yewstock to participated in a range of investigative and artistic activities related to the Jurassic coast.
These fun activities have given pupils the opportunity to use science in practical ways, developing their understanding of how STEM subjects effect our daily live.
Interviews: Two of our students, Jodie and Reece spent a day with Dorset Local Authority interviewing for a new Educational Psychologist. Both students devised and delivered their own questions and helped appoint the successful candidate.
CASA football, Dorset Cricket coaching: Both delivered a half term of coaching in preparation for 2 all day cricket competitions at Milton Abbey School and an inter school football competition at Dorset FA, Hamworthy.
Work Experience: Elisa, Ryan, Ellis and Tom have all enjoyed extended work experience in the school kitchen. We are also delighted to have a number of students on extended weekly external placements including:
Special mention to Reece who has been offered paid holiday work!
As OFSTED noted we prepare our students effectively for pathways beyond Beaucroft: ‘Targets to address transition beyond Beaucroft are aspirational; not only does the school prepare pupils for the most appropriate post-16 opportunities both in and out of the school, but also fosters lifelong learning. Bespoke packages and plans for all pupils from Year 9 onwards, tailored to individual needs, ensure that next steps beyond the post-16 provision are relevant for them. These range from employment opportunities to college courses.’
We have continued our links with Kingston Maurward, Brockenhurst and Poole Colleges. This is to familiarise our students with alternative settings and support transition when appropriate. The lambing season was particularly exciting this year with Sunny saving a ewe’s life!
Monkey World: Thanks to The Variety Club for our day out for all the seniors.
Bryanston – Beaucroft Performing Arts Link:
Our weekly dance and drama workshops have continued to flourish this year culminating in a special performance. On Thursday 21st June the students from Bryanston joined with Beaucroft seniors to present a short Dance and Drama piece. This was a wonderful experience for all involved.
Our Prom was one of our best this year, set within the splendour of Merley House.
Good luck to all our Year 11 leavers. We miss you already!
Thanks as always to the senior team who help create such a vibrant and engaging curriculum. We said goodbye to Mr Martin at Easter and have a slightly new look team in September with Mrs Murdoch and Mrs Barnett leading
Edison and Mr Russell supporting Maths across the whole school.
Mr Sallows will be senior team leader for a year as I step up as Co-Headteacher.
I wish you all a fabulous summer!
Editor: Joe Barnett